Sunday, July 1, 2007

Rock Out With Your...Tablet Out?

hey guys.


long time, no post. I've been kept busy for the past couple weeks with homelife, adjusted living, and too much free time. I'm a glutton for punishment, and I procrastinate like a mad man when I'm presented with the oppertunity to do so. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I've been forced back on track with upcoming assignments and a big project on the horizon.



For the time being, though, I thought I'd show you what has been taking up most of my time as of late:







Highway Jackson, a buddies band of mine is fast approaching their cd release date. How do you describe Highway Jackson to someone? Well, imagine a band that grabs great old rock & roll groups like Led Zepplin, Lynard Skynyrd, The Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, and The Velvet Underground by the balls and runs with it. They say their the bastard children rock left behind. I gotta admit - there's not many bands out there that can take the sound to TRUE old rock and roll, mix it with modern day funk, and make it sound true to its roots. These guys got it. For sure. "Smothered" sings of old love, featuring some great vocals by Lead Singer Kris Rogers. "Train Comin After You" features some blistering guitar work that would make any "Guitar Hero" grimmace, punching forward with a quick bass line and furious drum work that all syncs up better then any locomotive out there.

So, give em a listen anyway. Their CD release date is July 10th. I know it's gonna be jam packed with rockin tracks, and if you're in the new england area, and you manage to catch a show of theirs, be sure to grab a t-shirt, sticker, or other Highway Jackson schwag with yours truelys logo on it.
Support the cause, right?
Until next time.

1 comment:

Kris Rodgers said...

Yo man, just saw this for the first time today!!! I'll put you on my blogroll at http://www.openingnote.blogspot.com

word son!

-Kris