Monday, July 16, 2007

A Long, Hard Summer...



Observation of the day - You have a LOT of free time in the summer.




Actually, let me rephrase that. You have a lot of time that needs filling in the summer. Some people have no problem with that. They take what needs doing - work, school, sports, relaxation, socializing, etc. - and put it into its proper place and time, no looking back.




I, however, find it much tougher to put things into a set schedule. My job aside, trying to schedule school, my upcoming project, and my free time gets jumbled (and it almost pains me to admit I have a LOT of free time)




What's wrong with this you might ask? I don't like free time. Well, TOO much free time anyway. Too much free time turns on me REAL fast, and I get this ugly feeling in the pit of my stomach - like I just ate a 2 pound tub of mayonnaise - and the world starts to drain of color, flavor, spark; the world ceases to hold too much meaning. You're simply puttering around, wasting time.




Don't get me wrong - I'm getting things done, just, not as much as I'd LIKE to be getting done. And I guess that might have been the case for as long as I can remember. I need to start changing the way I think, and instead of focus on how much I'm not getting done (cause let's face it - if I focus on how much I don't get done, I'm only gonna continue to not get stuff done) I should be focusing on what I DID get done and try to build upon that each day. Seems logical to me anyway.




For now though, enough rambling. How about some nerdy fanart? An Orc Warrior from WarCraft:



I just realized I got a lot of stuff to scan in, but it shall get done!

No comments: