Thursday, May 1, 2008

Pick and Choose

Found this really interesting fan-made video on aniboom of the Gorillaz song "Latin Simone". It's the original UK release of the song, which happens to have lyrics. After hearing this song now with lyrics, I'd have to say that it shoots up to one of my favorites by the band. And I gotta say, the video does it justice. Better then "Rock It", that's for sure.

Anyway, like I was saying about the added lyrics, it's amazing what 1 added element can do to something. Before, with just the beat and synths and horns, it was ok. But just ok. With the lyrics - I dunno, something just clicks with it all, like it was meant to have those all along. And how like life, and art in particular, where you're just not feeling something all the way, and then BAM - you add one little thing and the entire thing falls together.

Anyway, enjoy the song and video for what they are. Good stuff. I'm back to drawing Bartman, looking up prospective jobs, and hopfully getting a few hours sleep before classes.

No comments: