Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sleep and Music

I don't much care for sleep these days. It's not that I don't like sleep, because sleep is the first thing I think about when I wake up. And as much as I love a good 10 hour session watching eyelid movies, I can't help but feel detached from everything that happened the day before. Whether it's for better or worse, every time I go to sleep, I reset myself. I suppose it all comes down to a matter of perception, but if it were up to me, I'd love to carry over the feeling of accomplishment after a hard days work, or the inspiration you get from seeing a great piece of work. But at the end of the day, you close your eyes and you start completely new again. I suppose it's moments like that, coupled with the resetting each day that makes those moments so nice and memorable.

Either way, I thought I'd introduce something to the blog that I've been doing on my own time. Taking a song or piece of music, and writting about whatever it inspires me to write about. So here goes:

"Assault on Precinct Zero"
This song is supremely catchy. Created by the guys who wrote the soundtrack to a favorite animated movie of mine, Tekkonkinkreet, done by Studio 4c, I'd have to say that this is one of my favorites by them. If artist Koji Morimoto had a theme song, this would be it. If my inner child had a theme song, this would be ONE of them (because I see my inner child as amorphous, or constantly changing, so it would need more then 1 song). The most fun about this song though, is that it tells a story. A beginning, middle, and end, as most songs should have, but this story is fun, and pretty evident. A story about a hero, who conquerors evil, but doesn't for a moment lose sight of his own innocence. A little deep there, but you get the point.

Well, that's it for now. It's been a long night with no sleep, and I need to put some finishing touches on a 1 page spread. Till next time then.

No comments: