Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Music drives the world...


The next 2 weeks are gonna be a whirlwind. Several doubts linger in the back of my mind that I won't be able to get everything done I wanted to, but I never call it quits till I'm staring doom in the face.

Finshed writting a short screenplay today. A nice little bit of writting overall. Here's the opening bit:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EXT. FOREST CLEARING - DAY

A massive, AGED TREE sits isolated in the center of a clearing. Several strands of light shine through the canopy of trees. Small, brilliant lights float carelessly near the massive roots.

The lights stop moving, and the sound of wood constricting and straining is heard. The floating lights fade from view.

A BLIND MAN wanders into the clearing. He holds the appearance of a man who has spent a life tortured and taken advantage of. Scars and impurities litter his bare skin and clothing. A worn bandanna is wrapped over his eyes. His attention is fixed on nothing in particular. He carefully picks his steps into the clearing towards the tree.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting used to new programs and sorting all that out, but those are just tools. The art of storytelling is fundamental in itself. If there's anything I've really learned in the last few months, it's that storytelling isn't taught. You can tell a story, or you can't. Whether or not you actually tell it well is a completely different matter all together.

Also managed a few bits of character design today as well for my upcoming short film. Wanted to finish up thumbnailing for the animatic, but I need an expert opinion on my ending before I leap into that mess.


Nothing definate yet, but I like the design of the eyes on the face. Definately feeling like I'm gonna incoorporate that into the design, whatever it ends up being. Don't want to give too much of the story away, but the main character needs to have a certain feel to him. Gonna be tricky squeezing this process into the next few weeks.

Either way, until next time.

No comments: